I did this on Facebook because I was bored at work so I figured I'd post it on here.
1. My name is Kasey LaKay Bass. My middle name is also my mom's middle name which is her parents (my grandparents) names put together. Larry & Karran..weird.. at least I think it's weird to put those together and get LaKay but I LOVE my middle name.
2. I am from Mountain Home and have a weird love/hate relationship with it. When I'm gone for too long I can't wait to get back but when I'm there all I want to do is come back to Little Rock.
3. I am currently not taking any classes and sometimes that is scary because I feel as though I'm falling behind but I'm also the type of person who needs to find myself before I go making any decisions about my career. So I'm okay with not being in college right now.
4. My parents are trying to sell our entire place and move somewhere on the Arkansas River. In some ways I'd love for them to be closer to me but in others I can't believe the house that I grow up in will belong to someone else. That is home and no other place will ever be.
5. My life has never been just easy. It's been easier than other yes but I seem to have always had to struggle. Whether it was grades or the boys I like or the stupid decisions I made that always seemed to come back and bite me. Everything that wasn't easy I could've changed but it's almost like I manage better if life is harder. My mom said some people, when born, just have it tougher.
6. I was born in Alaska. I still have family up there and I get to go there more often than most. I would NEVER EVER live there. It's too cold and too depressing sometimes but as for the scenery/landscape it is the most beautiful compared to anywhere I've ever been. I think everyone should go at least once just to experience raw, untouched nature.
7. Sometimes I struggle with my "faith". Sometimes I wonder if there really is a God or if everyone is making a huge fuss over nothing. My mom asked me just recently if I ever pray and I got to thinking about it. When I do pray I don't pray to God. I either pray to "whomever is listening" or to my aunt Gayla who died in 2006 of cancer. I know there's a greater being out there I am just unsure of what or who it is.
8. Sometimes I want a tattoo and sometimes I don't. I know if I ever get one it will have to have a great meaning that I would love to remember forever. But, for example, last night I was watching tv and this girl who was REALLY pretty had a tattoo on her face. It looked gorgeous on her now but what about when she's 80. That's going to be hideous. I don't know..I have so much "back and forth" with them I doubt I'll ever get one.
9. I have 3 best friends. They are all so different and each friendship does something different for me.
10. I am a momma's girl. I talk to my mom all day, everyday. If we're not e-mailing then I'm talking to her on the phone. I've never been a daddy's girl. I used to want to be so bad but I was never able to please him. I've come to the realization that I love my dad and he loves me but to understand each other..that will never happen.
11. I am a very jealous person when I am in a relationship. Sometimes, if I feel close enough to you, I think I push people away with my jealousy. When my boyfriend and I are watching tv and there's a pretty girl and he makes even the slightest comment I get steaming mad..I never actually let him know that but I'm really mad. I wish I wasn't so insecure sometimes.
12. I have a very weird habit that drives me absolutely crazy. Sometimes I'll do it for a very long time..like months and sometimes I won't do it for months. I'm in a stage right now where I'm not doing it. I count syllables. When I hear someone say something I may repeat it in my head and count how many syllables are in that sentence or phrase. For example, let's say someone just said, "Let's go get lunch." I would repeat that in my head and count the syllables. There are 6 syllables. I love it when sentences have 6 or 8 syllables..all even numbers are good but 6 and 8 are the best. If something has an odd number of syllables I'll add a word just to make it even. I don't know what's wrong with me but I've been doing that for years now.
13. I want to dye my hair brown but I can't work up the courage to do it. I've been blonde my whole life and want to try something new.
14. After I graduated highschool in 2007 and moved to Little Rock I partied every night of the week. I went to bars and clubs and partied all the time. Now the thought of going out and socializing just grosses me out. It takes too much time and effort to find the outfit, then drive somewhere, and then pretend to like a bunch of people that are there. I miss some people but for the most part I'd rather sit at home with my dog and my boyfriend, get takeout and watch a movie. I really miss hanging out with people from highschool. I miss going to Buff's, the bonfires, the random nights where everyone just got close and there were no secrets. That's what I really, really miss.
15. There are givers and takers. I am truly a giver. I give, give, give, give, give to the point where I'm mad at myself but to see other people happy is a gift to me.
16. I want nice things someday. I want a nice house of my own and a nice car and nice, expensive clothes but I also think if I had nothing I could be happy. I think I could be happy as long as I'm surrounded by the people that I love. When I have problems, esp. money problems, and I'm with the people I love I don't ever think about money.
17. I have had a weight issue ever since jr. high. Not a big one just 20 lbs that I'm really good at hiding but drives me absolutely crazy. I'm gaining weight now and it really depresses me. I talk about working out but I'm terrible with the follow through. I look at other girls bodies and just wish like crazy that could be me. I will never look the way I want to look.
18. My skin doesn't tan easily. I burn and then tan and to get a really good tan I have to lay out for hours and hours for weeks and weeks. I don't have the patience. I have very fair skin and people always make comments about it. They don't do it to hurt my feelings but deep down I wish I could have a dark, beautiful tan. It's just so much more appealing.
19. My mom and I's dream is to open up a little store in Little Rock. We would travel to Mexico and buy a bunch of beautiful jewelry like amber and topaz..just really unique looking stuff. Then we'd open up a jewelry store/botique somewhere in Little Rock. That's really what I've always wanted to do anyways. I've always wanted my own botique and to open it with my mom would be a dream come true. Just wait..we'll have it someday :)
20. I HATE to cook and clean. I'm so messy that I gross myself out sometimes. I don't know how to cook anything if it doesn't come with instructions and I'd rather go through a drive thru or look at a menu. I feel sorry for the man I marry and hopefully he can accept me for being a terrible housewife. Although, deep down, I wish I enjoyed it and I'm kind of hoping I grow into the whole domesticated thing.
21. Everytime I see a plane I wonder where it's going, who's on there and what type of lives they lead. I'm curious about strangers.
22. I love dogs, esp. big ones and pit bulls. I have the sweetest little pit bull now named Hancock and he's the love of my life. I call him my little boy or my poo poo. When I have a family I want 2 really big dogs and one pit bull. No cats please.
23. I spend a lot of money on NOTHING. I can run through 200 dollars in WalMart like it's nothing and then have to nickel and dime to eat until my next paycheck. I seriously need a money management class or therapist. I can't do that the rest of my life.
24. The older my sister gets the more I look up to her. She's so smart and beautiful. She has different outlooks on life and her walk in life is going to be so much different than mine. I can't wait to see what life brings her because I know it's going to be an interesting story.
25. Mexico, specifically Playa del Carmen, is one of my favorite places in the world.