Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My favorites.

I wanted to share some of my favorite quotes.

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

My favorite line out of a book ever is the very first page from Here Kitty Kitty...

"One should consume Baileys in a crystal tumbler while watching Spice Hot. At jazz clubs, red wine and queen-sized, white-filtered Nat Shermans. At Hamptons polo games, Pimm's Cup for style and a line off the dash of a police-auctioned Ferrari for effect. Creme de menthe before going down on someone who deserves it. Super Bowl Sunday, Bud cans (shotgunned)and Ritalian (crushed and snorted). A boxing match on a hotel room TV, Marker's Mark Manhanttans (up, three cherries) and petite ham sandwiches on a silver tray. White Castle and Remy Red for a dog fight. While wrapping Christmas presents, Pabst Blue Ribbon and pizza. For suicidal depression on a weekday morning, pink champagne. Before a job interview, Irish coffee and Xanax. Straight tequila on your birthday. And on the night that rolls out of the blue unknown future into the lap of the present, when a lady realizes the game is over, that kind of evening calls for martinis: stock gin, filthy, up, no olives. I found this list scrawled on a series of cocktail napkins, stuffed in a gold clutch. Belinda and I must have written it one night a couple years ago. This was our religion. Actually, it was more important, it was an art. But one day, the things that make you free start to keep you down."

and from one of my favorite movies (instant tears)...


"So in the end, was it worth it? Jesus Christ. How irreparably changed my life has become. It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in. I'll grant you I've had more than my share of poignant moments. Life passes most people by while they're making grand plans for it. Throughout my lifetime, I've left pieces of my heart here and there. And now, there's almost not enough to stay alive. But I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
- Blow

No comments: